Friday, April 23, 2010

Bloggers Challenge-Color Challenge

For my card today, we are to use the colors Blue, Orange and Moss....my Moss took a bright twist to go with a tropical theme for my card.  I also squeezed in a color challenge for Verve's Beach Party and the Free 4 All challenge at SCS which is a Vacation theme.
Version Two:

When I got married we went to Hawaii for our Honeymoon.  I am closing my eyes and feeling the warm breeze, feeling the sun on my face and hearing the waves crashing against the shore.........
  I used my brayer and Taken with Teal and Green Galore Inks and made a Sunburst Card (Technique Junkies oldie but Goodie!).......  on the top card, I developed a streak, so ran the brayer up and down and so it is not a Sunburst BG after all.....but I still liked the color.....  I colored the flowers with Copic Markers ( "0", YR000, Yr00, YR02, YR07, W3, B02, YG00, YG63).  On the butterfly, I colored with Copics, then painted over the color with Angel Wings Shimmerz.  I used a distressing tool for the BG of the sentiment, and sponged Taken with Teal on the edge. 
Stamps are from Firecracker Designs by Pamela- Happy Hour and Forgive Me (sentiment) plus the butterfly
I did not cut out a thing (other than the leaves)- check this out
Shimmerz also from FCD

Challenges-Bloggers Challenge-click the link to see the other players cards!
Verve Beach Party-color challenge
Free 4 ALL at SCS -Vacation
Stampin Sisters in Christ-use flowers
Tanda Teaser-Vivid Colors
Crafty Creations-Distressing
ABC-Sparkle
Our Creative Corner-Butterflies
Pile it On-Spring is Finally Here

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

33 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so pretty and elegant Shelly! Definitely has that Hawaiian feel! Love the blues! :D

Selene Kempton said...

So stunning! Beautiful job with the challenge!

Tami Black said...

This is so beautiful! I love the soft colors, love the stamps you used -- I just flat love this card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Both cards are pretty, great use of this weeks colors.

jimlynn said...

WOW Shelly, this is simply lovely! I can also feel the warmth, etc.

Stef H said...

oh beautiful. i close my eyes and i can just imagine it!

Marsha Fisher said...

SOOO Pretty! I am moving to Hawaii in a couple of months (army) and I definitely feel the "vibe" on your card :-)

paige said...

Very pretty grouping of flowers!

Grace said...

Oh this is so pretty! I really love these colors together... they are very tropical!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!

Lisa Bohler said...

OOOH! Absolutely beautiful! Love the look and really sentimental!

Karli said...

gorgeous Shelly! It makes me yearn for my favorite season- summer! Luuuuuuuv that brayering :) Big Hugs!

Connie Fossenier said...

Shelley...I can feel the breeze too...love adore your cards...and the colors fabulous...range.
connie paxman

Connie Babbert said...

Love that vibrant background! Great job!

BarbaraW said...

Ah, so tropical. Beautiful job with the colors.

tonistamps said...

Perfect tropical colors Shelly! Very nicely done.

Anne said...

What baeutiful colours you've used for this and Hawaii sounds like Paradise

Heidi Hihn said...

Great card! Love the card!!

sue law said...

My fave colours there!

thanks for joining in with our vivid colour teaser this week.
Sue
x

Mary G. said...

Beautiful card!!

Patti Chesky said...

There's nothing like Hawaii. Your cards are stunning!

Jane Bosi said...

Gorgeous--nicely done!

Carrie said...

Beautiful. I love those flowers! Are they a stamp? Your bg looks fantastic. I need to invest in a brayer.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love that background! Its gorgeous!

Ida said...

Very pretty. I love the tropical look of your card.

Juliet A said...

You made a stunning card with these very odd colors!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I feel Hawaii too! Very pretty!

Barbara said...

I can see why you envision Hawaii when you look at theis gorgeous card! Your card is truly lovely!

Anonymous said...

Love the tropical colors!! Pretty card!! thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love all the dimension and the tropical feel.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful - perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining the Tanda Teaser.

Julie Leblanc said...

Nicely done...thanks for sharing and playing with Our Creative Corner this week:-)

Chrissy D said...

Sorry this is sooooo late Shelly - my week seems to have exploded and I can't say I have accomplished much! LOL I absolutely LOVE the way you put these colors together. Stunning card!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful cards, and colors, stamps are perfect!