Thursday, February 10, 2011

McMahon Five Designs New Release

 It's Thursday and that means it's time for the McMahon Five new releases!  I am especially excited today as there are sewing images and sentiments being released. I had a blast with the new images!

  This sewing collage was colored with Copics and was inspired by the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge #90.  I also used Copics to color the fibers I used thru the buttons. Copic Spica was added for the scissors, needle and thimble. I used a Technique Junkies technique called out of the box.

   Next, I decided to make a sewing tin or two....  I made a small sized tin with a hinged lid:

 This is just one of the sentiments .from the new release.  And, did you know you can cut fabric with your Big Shot and the dies from SU?  Yep, you can.  I will be making a picture tutorial for the tins in the next few days and you can view it at McMahon Five Designs.
 Next, I used a larger tin (6" wide x's 8" long)that does not have a hinged lid.

For this tin, I took a piece of cardstock and wrapped it around the tin- the ribbon you see is what holds the tin closed.  The image is colored with Copics and cut out using Nestabilities. What a great gift and easily portable.

(Challenges for my card are at the very end of the post)

 Here is the rest of the McMahon Five New Releases for the week:










 Snow White









Card by: Michelle





Card by: Kristine





 This is a FREEBIE for ONE WEEK ONLY!


For YOU to use in our Natural Elements Challenge!


If You Truly...








Real Wood Paper Self Plaque by: Sue




On Blackbird Wings







 Box by: Judy




Box by: Judy





Wood Paper Heart by: Judy


Mother & Child








Card by: Raven






Card by: Sue






Sewing Sentiments








Close up by: Amy





Close up by: Lorie





Close up by: Shelly


For more details on the projects above, visit the Design Team blogs!



Challenges:
Midnight Madness-Sketch
Flourishes-Buttons
Craft your Passion-anything goes
One Stitch at a Time-Use a digi

Thanks for stopping by! Shelly

9 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your sewing card, great colors and that collage is "sew" cute. I'm really in love with all those sewing sentiments.

Emily Keaton said...

So sweet, Shelly! I just love your sewing projects. Great tins. :)

jimlynn said...

wow Shelly - you've been very busy! Love the cards and those little tins are PRECIOUS!!!! Wonderful projects. Those images are very cute.
Lynn

Kristine said...

Love your card Shelly, and your tins are so awesome!! I remembered I HAVE a tin in my stash and it's funny cause your "BOBBIN" sentiment made it click for me that that tin is PERFECT to hold my bobbins in! I've been needing something small like that to hold them! (Kids and hubby bought this huge spool holder for me for Christmas, but bobbins don't fit in it, so they are strung out in a big box right now. So... THANKS for inspiring Shelly!! =) Heehee.

Have a GREAT weekend with your DD! x

Amy Johnson said...

Such a fun card! I love the buttons with the sewing in the corners! So creative! Weren't the sewing images fun images to work with?

Lorie said...

Just beautiful cards Shelly!

Dawn Edwards said...

Wow So many fabulous cards. Great image and wonderful inspiration. Thanks for joining us at the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Dawn

Rhonda said...

WOW!!! Shelly I love your card and your tin projects. What awesome stamps, too. I'm thinkin' I need to have them ... LOL. Well done!

sammi said...

Cute sewing card!!! Thank you for joining in our "anything goes" challenge at Craft Your Passion.