Monday, August 8, 2011

ATC's- Watercoloring

 I am in a group that exchanges Artist Trading Cards monthly. We have a theme each month, and this month we did water coloring. I decided to try printing digital images on Watercolor paper......and it worked beautifully. We do a roll call and this month I had to make 12 ATC's.  I made 4 different ATC's- one in 2 colors. I used digital images from McMahon Five Designs:
 Nature's Wing's- I used Watercolor Pencils and a touch of Creative Inspirations Paint



 Sunbeams Pour- I love these tulips- I used the watercolor pencils.  I made two red ATC's and two purple ATC's.



















Breast cancer Butterfly Awareness- I used my Aquapainter and ink from the lid of a stamp pad plus a touch of Creative Inspirations Paint for this ATC.  I wish you could see the shimmer......
           
                                   And finally- I wanted to try a scene:

  Shipwrecked- I used Su watercolor crayons for this image. The color of this ATC is more darker Blues- I used yellow for the sun and that crayon is by the purple- so that is why you see a touch of purple too....next, I used a pale blue , ballet blue then Night of Navy. 

Here are the ATC's I recieved in exchange:
   Susan- This Peacock is stunning IRL as it is covered with glitter.
   Cindy- water colored a scene

   Trena watercolored the background and added this (Lockhart I think) image.
   Mari made this great scene with giraffe's

 Mary made a bacgfround with watercolors and added a dimensional flower
Sandy stamped a sentiment, then spritzed it with water.

 Diane S made this gorgeous background and added the cute mouse with Crystal effects
Michelle used a gorgeous flower- a Mum I think- love these colors!

 Harriet used tape around the edge of her ATC, water colored the background then added a display of flowers.
Debbie water colored, added a text to the background, some gold and punched some maple leaves and glitzed them up.


We ended up with just 11 of us, so swapped 10 ATC's.  After the swap, we had a Demo by a member on the Encaustic technique- melting wax and making scenes- Trena showed us gorgeous samples!  I am going to refrain from buying the $140.00 kit though- wow- the samples were stunning though!
*******************************************************************************
One more little swap I just did was themed "pond Life"  and I had to get out the Unfrogettable from SU


I used Copics on the bottom and on the frog- the flowers are dimensional and the sky is sponged. 

Here are the ATC's I recieved:
 Kathy McConnellmade this fun ATC- how fun to add the fly on the red tongue....!

 And this glittery delight was made by Mary Harmon.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

18 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Bee-utiful ATCs. I have made some ATCs non water colored or pencil colored but made with die cuts, paper punch images, ribbon & such. I have a couple posted on my blog.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

poppylover said...

so many great beautiful atc`s!!!!!!!

CarlaKH said...

Oh love how you used watercolors on your ATCs...beautiful!

Erum Tasneem said...

these are all fabulous and ones that you received are spectacular too!

Sue McMahon said...

Fantastic job on all the ATC's, Shelly! Each one is so different from the other! Beautiful work!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such wonderful painting
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Anne Temple said...

What a fun group to belong to. Your ATCs are stunning, especially love the tulips and the ship wreck and all the ones you received are lovely too.

Juliet A said...

Yours came out beautifully, but you got some awesome swaps, too!

jimlynn said...

ALL of these are so pretty Shelly - yours and everyone's. Gorgeous creations.
Lynn

Glennis F said...

What a lovely variety - I am also in a group for ATC's and now we are doing inchies as well. Such fun!

Laura said...

Hey shelly, Nice to stop by and see all your beautiful cards. Love'em. TFS.... Have a blessed week your friend Laura.

kiwimeskreations said...

I love printing digis onto watercolour paper too - lots of fun!!
Love the work you did,especially the tulips, and the ATC's you received were impressive too.
Blessings
Maxine

Willy said...

You made wonderful ATCs, Shelly!

Carrie said...

your atc's are beautiful. love the watercoloring. i haven't used my watercolor pencils in a long time so thanks for the inspiration

cathy said...

Love your watercolor ATCs, especially the ship wreck.

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, Shelly...your blog is full of beautiful inspiration today....WOW!!!! The ATC's you made are absolutely gorgeous and you received so many lovely ones...you must really look forward to this fun swap!!!!

Marlene said...

Wow - these are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us.

StampDancer said...

Absolutely marvelous! I love the idea of printing images on water paper - never thought to try it!