Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mosaic ATC swap

For my monthly ATC swap, we traded with the theme of Mosaics.
This month, my ATC group created with a Mosiac theme- we start with a 1-4-1 swap:



 I colored the ATC white (blank) with a Copic, then added dots in two darker colors.I cut up the pieces, then painted over the ATC with Modge Podge.  I was going to make a few of these, but one ATC took three hours, so I changed my thinking..... : )

The 1-4-1 I rec'd back:

 This was made by Debbie.

Ok- here are the rest of the swap cards I made:
 I made these with TJ techniques cut into squares, then placed for a diamond looking pattern.  The purple is done with Twinkling H2O's and the gold is Hair Spray and Pearl-Ex. The cross was a digi I found on Pintrest.
 I made another sheet of copic colored in Pink (R83) and added dots in 2 darker colors (R85 and R89).  I then cut out the heart and made the strip with an added flower from my unused stash. The white background is from Panara Bread : )
 This is Basic Gray DP and the tiny butterfly is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs and is from another shimmery TJ technique- a UFO.
 I had a couple of sheets of a glossy technique that I cut into different shapes, then added on the flowers and die cuts from Cheery Lynn- again from a shimmery TJ UFO from my stash.

 Here are the ATC's I received back:
Lt- Linda and Rt Diane M.

Lt Diane S. and Rt Mary W.

Lt Cindy and Rt Mari- you cannot see the shimmer on the egg ATC.
Lt Carol (the vellum lifts up and there is a fun design and jewels) and Harriet.

A couple of extra's- Mary shared a madri Gras ATC with me- she made this with watercolor paper and shaped it by spritzing it with a little water. The eyes are cut from magazines. 
Mary also shared this Valentine ATC with me:
 And one more Debbie shared:
Next month for me- the theme is journaling- not sure what I will come up with. We are also going to make a Chunky ATC...... and can only use supplies from our stash : )

***If you make ATC's- check out the month long ATC theme at Unruly Paper Arts- formerly Gingersnaps***

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

13 comments:

Terry said...

Shelly, I can't believe how much these look like mosaics! Absolutely stunning ATCs! What a fun swap! Have a great evening!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great swap! Love all those different spins on the mosaics.

jimlynn said...

Shelly, you received some beauties and I LOVE yours! Three hours!!!! Yikes - I would have only made one too. But this was so worth all those hours since it's beautiful. It really looks like the real thing!
Lynn

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh My Gosh youve been busy girl!! so many fun pieces.
Heres a bit more fun. you won 6th place in my blog candy giveaway! CONGRATS. Sorry you'll have to get what ever is left over.
Please send me your mailing address.
Thanks for playing!
Hugs Lynn

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW such a beautiful collection!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv this post! Your mosaics are beautiful, as it what you received! Much talent in this group. Could you share with me the info on joining in? It might get me out of my slump.

Emily Keaton said...

Your mosaics look amazing! I really need to try this technique. :-)

Krisha said...

Hi Shelly,
Looks like this was a great swap. I love your mosaic card, very time concuming, but very worth it for the end effect.
Thanks for coming by by blog.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! These are so pretty!!!

NanaConnie said...

Wow, Shelly, these are complex and beautiful! Time consuming, as you indicated, but oh, so, worth it in the end.

Anne Temple said...

All of these are amazing and I'm sure quite time consuming - but well worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What gorgeous ATCs with the mosaic designs!! Thanks for sharing these! :) HUGS

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Wow! These are beautiful! I'm chuckling over your three hour ATC. It is lovely.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!