Thursday, December 4, 2014

Sweet Stamps challenge- Christmas Spirit

The Sweet Stamps challenge this week is Christmas Spirit.


 SweetStamps.com has Gilding Flakes in the store, and I had to try using them on a card. I applied Duo glue to the snowflakes, then I added Calypso Gilding Flakes and rubbed them in. Next, I used a coarser brush and wiped them off.
  For the background, I tried an experiment...I found a small tube of spray hand sanitizer at Target (in the area where they have mini travel toothpaste, etc).  I took 3 colors of ink spots and dabbed them  onto my non-stick craft sheet, and then spritzed on the hand sanitizer. I sponged on the color on one color at a time onto glossy white cardstock- first gray, then the light blue and finally just a touch of the darker blue.
 I added snowflakes and embossed them with shimmery EP. The rhinestones were colored with Copic marker YR23.

Here are the products I used :
Globecraft Piccolo Snowflake accents 
Nassau Blue (my dark blue)
Tidal Wave
Stormy Gray
Jada's Snowball Fight- snowflake stamp
Distress Clear Embossing Ink
Diamonds and Pearls embossing powder
Silver Rhinestones
Copic Sketch marker
Cardinal Pair set- sentiment
Duo Glue
Calypso Gilding Flakes

We'd love to see you join us in the challenge. Our winners are chosen by Random.org- and if you use a Sweet Stamps image, your entry will count x's 2!

Sweet Stamps has a Pintrest board HERE

Sweet Stamps has a Facebook group HERE

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

15 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the delicate background you have created for these beautiful golden snowflakes, Shelly! Such a gorgeous holiday design!

Desire Fourie said...

Shelly this is so festive. Love the sparkly touches.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Terry said...

Shelly, those glided snowflakes are gorgeous on top of that unique background. Now Target will have a run on spray hand sanitizer. Love this!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful snowflakes and what a unique way to do the background! So lovely.
Lynn

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous card Shelly and great job catching the shimmer with your camera! Love the gold and blue together and the iridescent snowflakes on the background are such a great touch! hugs :)

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful! Love the colors!

Penny said...

Great experiment, Shelly! Love the pretty background you created! And your design, snowflakes, and bling are really beautiful! :^)
Hugs, Penny

*Vicki* said...

This is so stunning Shelly!! I really love the look of those gilding flakes on those snowflakes!! Really makes them look beautiful! :) HUGS

Kim P said...

wow! very pretty and unique!

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly this is gorgeous - love how you have created a wonderful card from your 'experiment'.
Blessings
Maxine

kel Acopan said...

love how you did the background shelly! and the gold snowflakes are beautiful... i never would have thought to make them gold!

lovies, =o) kel

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty card, Shelly! Love the background and those fabulous snowflakes!

Kathryn said...

So pretty!!

Lynn Stevens said...

I forgot all about those metallic flakes. I'll have to try and find mine.
Beautiful, love them on your snowflakes.
Hugs Lynn

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your experimental bg turned out beautifully. Lovely colours, and the snowflakes go so well over top.