Friday, October 21, 2016

One Layer

  I am trying to create CAS and one layer cards, so jumped at the chance for this Asian mingle. I always love seeing what other members of the mingle come up with.



   I stamped the image on post-it notes and made a mask, fussy cut it out. I stamped the image and then placed the mask over it.  I masked 1/2" on all sides also using post-it notes.  I sponged on the red. The leaf and Kanji images were then stamped onto the red. I colored the image using Copics, There is Sakura Stardust Gelky roll pen on the calligraphy pen holder and around the edge of the red mask.
  I bought the Geisha and leaf/bird image at a stamp sale, so do not know who makes them.

 My partner Nancy F. sent me this cool card:

 The red is embossed. I do not know where she got this cool Asian Washi, but I love it. I turned the card on its side for picture taking just for the Washi.

Challenges (for the first card) card:
Alphabet Challenge- Q is for quick and simple
Crazy Challange- Red

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

12 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi your card is stunning the image is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog challenge Q for Quick and Simple. Hugs Jackie (DT)

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! The image is so beautiful!! I love the colors!! The card you received is fabulous, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Shelly this is so beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Kristie W. said...

This is beautiful, Shelly! You did a great job masking the image and inking the background!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful. It looks like a lithograph.

Donna said...

Shelly your card is amazing. Masking is always such difficult work but you really did a wonderful job. Hope you have a super weekend. We are moving Tricia and Jamie to a two bedroom apartment this weekend. The twins still in the NICU but doing well.

Lynn McAuley said...

What gorgeous work on this sensational Oriental one layer design, Shelly! Absolutely beautiful!

Marilyn said...

Another gorgeous artsy card! It looks like a print and the large white border is so effective.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such beauty! Love the Asian flair!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous card Shelly love both of them, but think yours is my favourite well done... and thanks for popping over,
Love Shaz in Oz.x

MiamiKel said...

What a fun idea and right up your alley !! I am always in all of inspired by your Asian themed cards. Looks like the card you received is as gorgeous as the one that went out !

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, I love the Asian Mingle card. It is beautiful.