Wednesday, March 28, 2018

CYS- What I love.......

The March challenge for the CYS group, given to us by Heather is to "Create something with YOU in Mind".  And, since we are creating using our stash...I decided to CASE a card fun fold from another group I am in.

 I made a U-fold/Bridge card : )
 I created using a very old Penny Black Stamp, some DP from when Pool Party was an in-color and a couple of die sets that have been used maybe once from My Favorite Things.

A place to write a message- this is the view from the back : )  I used DSP (SU), and glitter Washi Tape and a shimmery white card colored with pink copic marker for the balloons, and glittery washi for the strings.

This is looking down into the card from the front:

 I rec'd the directions and a kit for this card from Betty aka Betty Murphy at SCS- here is her kit:

 and looking down inside from the front:
:
 My go to thing I LOVE to do is to try a new Technique of fun fold that I have not tried before.  I like to try alot of different things : )   This is so fun and quick that for sure ai will be making this again!  Maybe I can figure out the measurements and make an ATC like this- that would really be fun!

The CYS group can be located here.  List mom Barb had the brilliant idea- lets use our stash items- with a monthly theme, I am sure finding no shortage of items to use in my creative space for this challenge...!!! Even those in the 'get rid of' pile....... HERE is a link to all of the March cards using something all of the members of the group love!-all posted on Splitcoast for this challenge.

 The group says closed- but we ARE open to new members!

Challenge:
Crafty Wednesday- All Creatures Great and Small

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful, and fun, card Shelly - wonderful!!
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an interesting fold. Look at you go girl. This is one stunning card.

Lisa said...

Both are so gorgeous!! I love the folds and the designs!! They are so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lynn McAuley said...

I'm screaming with delight over these fabulous birthday chicks, Shelly!! That card is awesome!! And what a beauty that second one is, as well!! Great fold!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, these cards are beautiful!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

I really love this card Shelly!

That's very cool you are always trying something new. Pushes your creativity! I need to do that more!

Ellibelle said...

OMG this is so cute!! I may need to get the chicken stamp!
Ellie
"Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, both of those cards are beautiful. LOVE that layout.

MiamiKel said...

OH you are doing awesome with that fun fold! I couldn't make this if I tried, LOL! I love your chickens - super fun! Both cards are fantastic - you are moving and grooving!

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again to thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! I hope you'll come play along again with the April theme which will post this Wednesday!
Ellie
"Ellibelle's Creative Moments"