Friday, May 11, 2018

Sketch challenge at AOSA

We have a monthly Sketch challenge at AOSA (About Oriental Stamp Art) that I participate in, and I had fun creating this card for the April Sketch.


 This fun Geisha is by Essentials by Ellen. This card is so shimmery it was very hard to get a picture of....  The background- Washi is from an Estate sale. I adhered it to a piece of cardstock, and trimmed it out. I matched it with a cardstock from SU- not sure of the name.....  it was an in color recently. I ran a couple of strips thru an embossing folder for the 2 side strips . For the circle embellishment, I cut out 2 stitched circles and layered them, then added the fun images. I added gold sequins for embellishments. The images were colored with Copics.

  This pic is a bit bright, but I had to settle here with the pic with the metallic cardstock.


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shelly this is gorgeous - love your colours, the gold on the aqua is so rich... and that image is a sweetie
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

I think anything with metallic card stock is hard to photograph but I know this one shines - and it's beautiful too! Love the sweet image and that wonderful background.
LYnn

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the papers and the sweet image!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly this is beautiful. Love the layout.

Margaret said...

Sweet geisha. Very well done.

MiamiKel said...

This is gorgeous, Shel! Yes it is hard to photograph but what a gorgeous card, and of course, your signature - asian inspired!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, this popped right out at me with those gorgeous papers and colours. You Asian image is so cute too.

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome textures on this beautiful design, Shelly!! And my favorite shade of blue, as well!!